Wednesday, June 5, 2013

*GUEST POST* Vitamin D Drops

My friend is awesome.  Today I'm excited to share a guest post where I share something a friend has taught me about mothering.  Today's topic: Vitamin D. Some pediatricians suggest that if you are exclusively breastfeeding then vitamin D is needed for your baby because your breastmilk doesn't have vitamin D.  My friend's pediatrician suggested the Enfamil drops:

But my friend said that these drops were impossible to give to their little girl.  "You have to squirt 1ml in her mouth, which isn't bad, but it smelled bad and tasted bad and it was a battle to get her to take it...I don't blame her, poor thing.  Then my aunt introduced me to Carlsons infants vitamin D drops. 

Each bottle has 50ml and you give 1ml per day they are about $7-9 a bottle so for a year you would have to buy 7-8 bottles = 50-65$ per year.  There are 365 drops in one bottle and you can put a drop on yourself before nursing or drop it in her mouth or put it on a pacifier.  My friend loves it because "it is sweet and has no scent.  I love these drops you only have to buy it once a year and it is about $23-25 per bottle."  Thanks for the great advice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment