Monday, April 8, 2013

Baby Monitor

I admit that baby monitors aren't absolutely essential, especially if you live in a small apartment like me.  But if you are a worry wort like me, they are very much needed for your peace of mind.  I am starting my baby girl's sleep training this week which means it's time to have her sleep in her crib.  Thinking about her not sleeping right next to me in the co-sleeper makes me nervous so a baby monitor was a must for us.  There are two types of monitors: sound and video.  My problem was that I wanted the price of a sound monitor but the qualities of a video monitor.  I didn't just want to hear when she started crying, I wanted to see WHY she was crying.  If it was just a binky that fell out of her tired mouth for the 5th time, then I wouldn't need to run in there.  But if the blanket was over her head or something like that, I could see the problem.  Sound monitors run anywhere from $40 - $75 while video monitors run from around $150 and up.  After doing quite a bit of research I found a video monitor with really good reviews that looked perfect for us.  It's called "Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 GHz Digital Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision" - elaborate title, I know.


Let me assure you that the price tag was the selling point for me, not the fancy name.  It is usually $299 but Amazon has it for $99.  But that's not the best part.  If you sign up for Amazon Mom here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/info then you get free 2-day shipping!   The monitor has an 800-foot wireless range, night vision, easy set up, and 1 year warranty.

FREE SHIPPING + LOW PRICE + GREAT REVIEWS = Our perfect monitor with less stress for mom.  Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment